Saturday, October 16, 2010

This winter...

I really want to try this.

Looks like slalom on snow.

Thanks to my intense research*, I am an expert on this frozen form of slalom. Apparently it's called skwaling, performed on a single ski called- wait for it...- a skwal. My research also tells me that the sport is nearly unheard of in the US, and only slightly more heard of in Europe, mostly in France**.

Maybe there is a magazine in France called "Le Ski," that devotes 98% of it's content, and 99% of it's pages, to skwaling.

*Wikipedia AND Google

**The ignorant redneck response to my research: The French work ethic renders them are incapable of logging the work hours required to afford and purchase both skis in a pair.