Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I can't come up...

with anything witty and/or profound, so I'll just start posting pictures of Iowa and Nebraska (what's the difference, they're both full of corn and livestock, Ok, Nebraska has more cattle and Iowa has more hogs, I think) skiers at Midwest regoinals.

gratuitous banquet shot

reg banquet

I heartily enjoyed the company, but the chicken was dry, the pasta bland, and the discussion concerning rankings v. ratings nonexistent. A few minutes of open debate would have shown at least a smidgen of deference to the region's rank and file. Maybe the Midwest region brain trust decided to steer clear of controversial topics, given that most banquet patrons were nursing their second or third cocktail when the meeting commenced.

but enough about the politics of skiing, or I will break my first ski-blog commandment: not to mix politics with waterskiing. On to skiing stuff.

It just so happens that I have two shots of each of my three jumps. This is kinda cool, especially the recovery on jump one. Jump one also has an eerie sense of deja vu.

Libby took the first shot of each jump, and Marie (Dr. Stelzer, I presume?) took the second of each

jump 1-- oh crap
rt jump 1
rt jump 1a
luckily, I managed to pull my skis down enough to stay out of the back door.

jump 2
rt jump 2
rt jump 2a

jump 3
rt jump 3
rt jump 3a
solid, but I was too narrow on my counter to get everything out of that one.

Brian Ansel spanked my 132 footer with a 150 footer,

ansel cut
(as you can tell by the spray, he did get wide enough)

and a 165er that he could not quite ride out.
ansel wet
That got him 1st place in M2 jump. Nice jumping Brian. I'll try to keep up.

Speaking of nice jumping, Brett Mommer won M1 jump with 150 feet. However, he did not win the way he wanted to, as Curtis Thredkeld (sp?) went out the front.

Sorry, Brett, I have a cheap camera.
scooter jump

He got second overall too
scooter trick 2
he loves, no, he LIVES, to trick!

scooter slalom1


Stay tuned boys and girls, more pics and commentary from regionals to come...

No comments: