Friday, May 05, 2006

It's been a bad series of mornings...

for my toe pass. To say I am struggling with it would be an understatement. I have not completed it in practice once this year. For a remedy, I decided to spend two entire sets just riding in the toe back position and crossing the wakes. It's been a long time since I have done that, and I am hoping the step backward will allow for two or three steps forward. I remember something about Michael Jordan saying that the fundamentals never change, the only thing that changes is your attention to them(no quotation marks because I'm not sure if those were his exact words). Good basketball advice that applies to waterskiing (or any sport)as well. SPeaking of fundamentals, I've been teaching my friend Christy to trick, and i'm not even letting her try to turn backward. I'm making her spend most of her time riding the ski on one foot. I swear by it

Wait a minute, I've already talked about that. Here's a few pictures

DSCN1576

This is Christy riding one one foot. Pretty good body position. She's right over the center of the ski.

DSCN1578

This is Christy right before she tries a sideslide. Again, pretty good body position, but she does have that tense look you see with beginners as they attempt something new. But she hasn't let her hips drop too far back, a common mistake for beginners.



Here's Cyrus again: More free skiing and practice on technique. Speaking of practicing technique, my photography skills could use some work as well. Anyway, Cyrus is slowly pressure washing the cobwebs of winter each morning he comes out. If he gets more front ankle bend and keeps his chest higher in the turns, he'll be course-worthy.

DSCN1557

Here's a gratuitious shot of the blog moderator. I call this look "Magnum II." It's almost ready (Note: Must have seen "Zoolander" to get the reference)

DSCN1569


I will end with a shot of the MVP of the last few days of sunrise skiing: the new trailer hitch. ALways keep your ball even with your hitch's tongue

levelhitch

The van pulls like a dream now.

1 comment:

Libby said...

For the record, Magnum II is not ready for prime time.