Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I coulda been a...

contender, for my earliest-ever first ski day.*
Two years ago, I skied on March 27th. Tomorrow is march 26th. It's on. I'm ready to smash, by one full day, my high water (and high shrinkage) mark.

Here are the drama-laden preparations for a record breaking set of not-much-more-than-jumping-the-wakes on my trick ski.

Call Tom yesterday: The boat should be out of storage.

Check weather.com: Winds WSW @ 5 mph.


Call Tom today: Not sure if the boat is out of storage.

Check weather.com again: Winds still good.
Temps in the... Mid thirties?? Damn.

Final verdict: Mid thirties and no boat yet. The '07 record stands
Plan to sleep after work instead of ski.

Damn.

I need to ski soon. Nola has been in the water for since the beginning of March.
No pictures yet, she's been stealthily tailing a few wayward paddlers, just dogpaddling toward the skunky PBR wafts.







*Since moving from the sunbelt to the frigid midwest.

1 comment:

Dig Dug said...

phew, your still alive!