Monday, July 31, 2006

Stuff seems to break...

right before big tournaments. Two years ago, I tore my trick boot overlay right before nationals. Just this saturday, the weekend before regionals, I ripped an edge on my right jump ski. It was only a few inches of the rubber edging, but it came off at the back inside corner, a spot that is probably in contact with the ramp surface at impact (If I look there while jumping, I will likely be the stuff that breaks!).
JB Weld has never let me down so far. Hopefully JB, my newly-purchased clamp, and the wooden stake filed to match the curve of the ski will combine to produce exceptional holding power.

Broken edge2

Broken edge1

WATERSKI, ETC. PSA:
Attention married men who ski! Using a kitchen tool to file a curve in the wooden stake you use to disperse the clamping force down the length of your jump ski is a good way to make your wife angry. Sorry Libby!


Now, excuse me while I kneel before the magic corn and beg for superior adhesion.

No comments: